Do you wish to study high school in Canada from abroad? Canadian schools provide programs and degrees in a wide range of topics and subjects. One of the most popular Canadian high school programs is Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). OSSD is a world-renowned program that is preferred by universities across the world. OSSD also offers online classes that make it easy to study high school in Canada from abroad.
Canada is a diverse country with many opportunities for students to interact. Do you want to know what it’s like to be a Bangladeshi high school student in Canada? Are you interested in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and its prerequisites? That is precisely what we will cover in this in-depth article.
How to Study High School in Canada from Bangladesh?
It is relatively easy to study high school in Canada from abroad as a Bangladeshi student if you follow the proper processes. There are a number of options for Bangladeshi students interested in attending Canadian high schools:
1. Migrate to Canada
Most international students wish to study high school in Canada from abroad because of the numerous opportunities it provides. It is much easier to qualify for immigration to Canada when you wish to study there.
The immigration policies of the country are less restrictive than those of other countries. This maintains Canada’s position as the most desirable destination for immigrants worldwide.
Migrating is one of the few options for studying at a high school in Canada from abroad. You can travel using Immigration Portal to obtain your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). They provide you with the services you require to relocate from Bangladesh to Canada.
Immigration Portal will provide you with relevant and useful information. They promise a high success rate and quick file processing. They will also assist you in selecting the best visa option for you. In the long run, you can obtain permanent residency.
With their help, it is easy for an international student to migrate and study in a high school in Canada from abroad.
2. Virtual Learning
OSSD enables your children to gain the widely accepted Canadian certificates equivalent to O/A levels either on campus or virtual learning from anywhere in the world!
Student Portal plays an important role in connecting students with industry professionals. Their mission is to strengthen the academic foundation and prepare students. They have trained professionals who work hard to make sure that each student gets the proper counseling and guidance that will help the students to study Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) curriculum while in Bangladesh.
What is an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)?
“What is an Ontario secondary school diploma?” is a common question among high school international students. Things you need to know about the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) include:
- A diploma is awarded to graduates of Ontario’s senior secondary schools, which is equivalent to O/A Levels in Bangladesh
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma is another name for the OSSD
- The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) offers a well-rounded education
- The secondary school diploma curriculum in Ontario is constantly reviewed and modified. This is done to ensure that students are prepared to thrive in today’s fast-paced global environment
- Enrolling in the OSSD course comes with numerous benefits for students in their academic, personal, and professional life, for example- Critical Thinking instead of Memorization, Social & Cultural Benefits, Higher Education & Permanent Residence opportunities
- Top-tier universities like the University of Oxford, the University of Toronto, Harvard University, and so on accept the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- The two most popular academic programs in Bangladesh are the O and A-level programs. They are for grades 9 to 12 and are Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) equivalent
- The O/A program requires students to take standardized O Level, A1, and A2 examinations in grades 9, 10, and 11
- In the OSSD curriculum, this exam is similar to the Ontario Secondary Literacy Test. All course credits in both programs are recognized by various institutions
- IBDP is also an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) equivalent.
- Teachers in Canada receive intensive practical training. They must have a bachelor’s degree in education or higher. They have to go for teacher training and make their own courses with current and interesting materials
It should be noted that the OSSD is not limited. If you want to attend high school as a Bangladeshi student in Canada, you can get your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) online. You can also migrate and apply to high schools for international students in Ontario.
Benefits of Studying OSSD
1. Academic Benefits
- Develop Student Interaction Skills Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) aids in the development of student communication skills. They accomplish this in various ways. They also help students improve their interpersonal skills, which are necessary for future success.
- Employs Critical Thinking Instead of Memorization
The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) is straightforward for international students. As a result, students are not required to memorize textbooks. They teach students to understand and think about the subject in the context of real-world applications. This improves knowledge retention over time.
2. Career-Based Course Selection
Students can get a head start on their future by enrolling in a Canadian high school while living abroad. It assists them in selecting courses that interest them. This is one of the characteristics of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).
The Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) for international students includes courses in a variety of subjects. They include advanced sciences, computer programming, philosophy, marketing, accounting, and so on.
3. Ease of Occupation/Business Selection
Exposure to these courses helps to broaden the exploratory stage of your career planning process. It allows you to earn transfer credits toward your bachelor’s degree. It also facilitates your entry into business or any other type of occupation of your choice.
4. Simple Application and Acceptance to Canadian Universities
You will have access to the University of Toronto if you choose to study high school in Canada from abroad. It is one of the world’s best universities. They’ve made groundbreaking discoveries, such as insulin for diabetics.
5. English Curriculum
For international students, English is used in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). As a result, they are fluent in all grammatical tenses. Graduates of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) may not have to take the IELTS test unless it is a requirement for all students.
6. Making Connections
As an international student who wishes to study high school in Canada from abroad, the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) allows you to network. This will help you in your personal and professional lives.
7. Assist with the Immigration Process
As an OSSD student in Canada, you will grow up in a Canadian environment. This will also aid in the facilitation of the legal immigration process.
8. Easy Admission into International Universities
Universities in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia accept graduates with OSSD credentials. The diploma is held to the same high standards as other western curricula. As a result, institutions in the aforementioned countries provide OSSD graduates with equal opportunities.
Eligibility Requirement for Studying OSSD
The following are Ontario Secondary School Diploma requirements which will help you to study high school in Canada from abroad.
- Middle school graduates, grades 9 to 12 students, are eligible for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Students in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) and the O-Level and A-Level programs can apply.
- Every applicant must complete 30 credits of high school coursework. This includes 18 required courses as well as 12 electives.
- Students from other countries who attend high school in Canada must complete 40 hours of community service. The duration is set at four years. This is part of the secondary school diploma requirements in Ontario.
- In Ontario, students also have to pass the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) in order to get their high school diploma.
- Retries are not limited to students who fail their first attempt.
To know more about OSSD, you can watch this video:
How to Study OSSD as Bangladeshi Student?
Good guardianship is one of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) requirements for international students to study in a high school in Canada from abroad.
The purpose of the Student Portal is to streamline your academic experience. A group of business and academic experts created the platform.
Here are a few examples of how Student Portal can help you with your OSSD studies:
- They provide international education advice. They are responsible for international students who want to attend high school in Canada. They will assist you in gaining the freedom to pursue your dreams and ambitions.
- They look out for your best interests, not just for their sake, but also for the sake of your goal.
- Student Portal knows a lot of people who went to schools in Bangladesh. They can connect you with qualified counselors who will assist you.
- Student Portal guides, prepares, and assists you in applying for appropriate scholarships.
- There are experienced scholars in Bangladesh who can assist you in BD with CAS and PE as well.
- They assist students in receiving the required visas. They also help you in obtaining a visa through a Registered Migration Consultant. They are capable of providing visa assistance for the child and one parent.
- If your parents can’t travel with you, Student Portal will help you find a place to stay with a reliable guardian or custodian.
- They have relationships with over 30 public schools and numerous private institutions. This will facilitate your application for higher education.
- Student Portal also offers a number of educational laboratories.
- They assist with the necessary legal support.
Checklist to Enroll OSSD from Bangladesh
Students in grades 9,10,11, and 12, middle school graduates, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) students, and O and A level students are all eligible to enroll in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) for international students.
1. Online Enrollment
- Register for courses by going to the registration page.
- Choose your classes and pay for them.
- Check your email for confirmation of your registration and payment.
- Refresh the student’s account.
- Follow the instructions and guidelines provided.
- Prepare yourself for learning.
2. Physical Enrollment
- Counseling and consultation through STUDENT PORTAL.
- Analyze the high school of your choice.
- Use Student Portal or Immigration Portal to migrate.
3. To Complete OSSD
- Get 30 credits by taking 18 mandatory subjects and 12 electives.
- Complete 40 hours of community service.
- Pass the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT).
OSSD Facts and Statistics
- At the end of the school year in August 2021, 84.2 percent of students have graduated in four years and 89.0 percent have graduated in five.
- Four-year and five-year graduation rates are based on the number of students who get an OSSD within four or five years of starting 9th grade.
- In Canada, 86.3% of people aged 25 to 64 had completed high school. This includes those who have pursued post-secondary education.
- If you pass the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test with a score of 75% or more, you can meet the provincial requirement for secondary school literacy.
- Two cooperative education credits can be used to fulfill the mandatory credit requirement. Two additional second language credits, either English or French, are also beneficial.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) requirements for international students include 30 credits and 40 hours of community service.
How to Start OSSD in Bangladesh?
There are several high schools for international students in Ontario. It is important to consult with an expert counselor to determine which one is best for you. You can also schedule a free appointment call with Student Portal to discuss your options.
We will assist you in making the right decisions. We will also provide information on the secondary school diploma equivalent in Ontario.
Best Ways to Study High School in Canada as Bangladesh Student
As a Bangladeshi student, you can study high school in Canada and get your OSSD. You can complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) online.
You and your parents can also move to Canada and sign up for physical classes.
And for parents who work or are otherwise preoccupied but want their children to study high school in Canada, you may send your child to Canada with the assistance of a local guardian. Your questions can also be answered through Student Portal.
For different international students, Canada offers a variety of high school options. You are not exempt from these opportunities as a Bangladeshi student. It is extremely beneficial for international students to attend high school in Canada.
There are many high schools for international students in Ontario, to which you can apply. Physical enrollment or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) online registration are both options.
It is vital to consult with a professional who can guide you through any of these processes. Student Portal can help you navigate and find the information you need to study OSSD in Canada. For more information on your education and/or migration, check our website.